What is digital printing?
Hopcungcaocap – Digital printing technology is a significant turning point for the printing industry. This printing technology is increasingly developing and spreading to many regions and countries worldwide, including Vietnam. So what is digital printing? What are its advantages and processes? Let’s find out with Hoang Vuong paper packaging company!
What is digital printing?
Digital printing is a method that uses laser printers and inkjet printers to print directly onto images. This method is used extensively in professional printing, especially when you need to print quickly in small quantities. If you print a lot, the cost will be higher than offset printing. You can easily change and adjust the image when using digital technology in printing.
Operating principle: When the image to be printed is loaded into the printer, the machine will automatically analyze, process the data, color correct, and perform printing quickly without much waiting time.
- It saves cost as it does not require the use of plates or molds, especially when printing small quantities.
- Capable of printing on various surfaces such as paper, fabric, wood, etc.
- Easy to change the printed image for each printing surface.
- You can print in different sizes, large or small.
Depending on the type of printing, the printing materials, and the printed product, the printing process will have specific changes. The following is a common printing process:
- Step 1: Prepare the printing file and upload it to the printer’s receiver.
- Step 2: Prepare the materials and ink, and install them into the printer.
- Step 3: Check the printer carefully before printing.
- Step 4: Proceed with automatic printing.
- Step 5: Allow the ink to dry or use suitable drying machinery to prevent smudging or bleeding of the printed image.
- Step 6: Finish, package, and deliver to customers.
How are offset printing and digital printing different?
This is a question that many people are interested in, and below are the differences between these two printing techniques:
- Offset printing uses pre-engraved printing plates, which require considerable time and cost for engraving, and you have to wait a few minutes for the ink to dry before the print runs out. Digital printing, on the other hand, uses an electrically charged drum roller to apply the ink to the paper, making it faster and easier to print.
- Offset printing will save costs if you print in large quantities, such as printing thousands of sheets with the same content. For example, if you print a million flyers with the same content, the initial cost will only be the cost of making the template.
- Offset printing usually runs on plates with sizes of 29″ and 40″, while the size when printing digitally is generally smaller than 19″, so publishing comprehensive format cases cannot be done with this technique.
- Offset printers provide a specific color system, creating a distinct difference.
- Digital printers are cheaper and more convenient for projects that require fast printing and easy changes to the print.
As can be seen, each printing technique has its advantages and disadvantages. You must choose the right one for your needs and purposes for the best results. Hopefully, this article has been somewhat helpful to you in your search for information.
HOANG VUONG PAPER PACKAGING CO., LTD.
With over 6 years of experience in the paper packaging industry and having built a reputable brand on the market, Hoang Vuong Paper Packaging Co., Ltd. is proud to be a private packaging enterprise in Vietnam that accompanies many big brands both domestically and internationally.
- Address: 10/6C 10th Street, Binh Hung Hoa A Ward, Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Phone number: 0908.863.965 (Mr. Le Hong Son)
- Phone: 028.62696129 – 028.22481926
- Fax: 08.62696032
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hopcungcaocap.vn
- Fanpage: Hoang Vuong Paper Packaging Co., Ltd